It’s been quiet around Hometracked for a few days. Was I at the Winter NAMM show?
Well, no. But lots of people were. And while I like to focus here on technique and tips, it’s hard to completely ignore the importance of technology in the lives of home recordists. So, for those who aren’t yet NAMM’d out, here’s the web’s best coverage of last weekend’s show:
- Mix Online has a site with their take on the 2007 NAMM show.
- Future Music’s two day roundup (day one, day two) is a personal take on the show, with none of the typical marketing-speak.
- Musicthing has good coverage of the new synths from Korg, Arturia, and Waldorf.
- Create Digital Music has more on the Waldorf pianos, and a drool-inducing spread on the new Rhodes pianos.
- And finally, if you’re the type to water your lawn with a firehose, Gearwire’s NAMM coverage is … comprehensive.